Established in 2010 as a division of NTEA, the Association for the Work Truck Industry, Green Truck Association (GTA) is a voice for companies moving forward to create vocational trucks and products with a focus on sustainability. In recognition of the growing interest and demand for fuel-saving products within the work truck industry, GTA fosters the progression of green work trucks through:
- Showcasing member companies’ truck and technology developments
- Serving as the resource for legislative, regulatory and funding initiatives relevant to clean vehicles
- Supplying relevant market data and technical resources
- Sharing timely news on green truck products and initiatives
- Educating its members on green commercial vehicle design technology evaluation and selection using a systematic approach such as the Hierarchy of Application.
Also, GTA staff are “in the field” throughout the year, serving as industry resources and thought leaders.
Interested in joining GTA?
Your company must be an NTEA member first. Learn more.
The mission of GTA is to improve the efficiency and productivity of work trucks through the development and deployment of strategies to reduce diesel and gasoline consumption and the associated environmental impacts.
GTA’s affairs are governed by a Board of Governors elected by GTA membership. The Board of Governors is responsible for setting policy and developing strategy for the organization; it also plays an active role in developing programs and services.
About the NTEA
Established in 1964, NTEA – The Association for the Work Truck Industry, represents more than 2,000 companies that manufacture, distribute, install, sell and repair commercial trucks, truck bodies, truck equipment, trailers and accessories. Buyers of work trucks and the major commercial truck chassis manufacturers also belong to NTEA. The Association provides in-depth technical information, education, and member programs and services, and produces The Work Truck Show® and Green Truck Summit. The Association maintains its administrative headquarters in suburban Detroit and government relations offices in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Contact us for more information.